It is our pleasure to announce that Self-Realization Fellowship monastic disciples will be visiting Aschaffenburg, June 8–11, 2023, to meet with members and friends of Paramahansa Yogananda’s spiritual family. There will be inspirational programs, meditation classes, and a Kriya Yoga initiation. See "Schedule" tab for detailed schedule of this program.
We welcome your participation in this spiritual weekend and hope that it will serve as an opportunity for you to share in the experience of divine fellowship, as well as to deepen your understanding and practice of our Guru’s teachings. While we recognize that some of you may not be able to attend the whole weekend, we encourage you to participate as much as you can in these special meetings.
You are most welcome to bring family and friends to the inspirational programs. Please note that anyone wishing to attend classes on the meditation techniques will be asked to show a student or Kriyaban card for admittance. Newcomers interested in studying the teachings of Paramahansa Yogananda may attend these classes by enrolling for the Self-Realization Fellowship Lessons, either before or during the weekend program.
Further information and applications for the Lessons are available through our website, or at the event itself.
Important information for SRF Lessons students and Kriyabans wishing to attend the Kriya Yoga Ceremony:
- If you are not yet a Kriyaban and wish to apply for Kriya, you are welcome to download and complete the personal report and Kriya pledge below, and return them to the Mother Center no later than May 10, 2023. An email address ― AschaffenburgKriya23@yogananda-srf.org ― has been created for the use of SRF Lessons students wishing to apply for Kriya Yoga so that they can send their personal report and pledge. Please allow a couple of weeks before Mother Center contacts you by phone or email. (Note that this email address is only temporary and will no longer function after the applications have been received.) If you understand English, we encourage you to submit your Kriya application directly through the Member Portal.
Alternatively, you may complete and mail to the Mother Center the personal report and pledge received with German Lesson 52. However, depending on the postal service, it may take some weeks to reach us. Therefore, we ask that you mail the forms no later than April 22, 2023.
- If you are a Kriyaban and have not attended a Kriya Yoga ceremony: please register by sending an email to Membership Services Kriya Registrar through KriyaRegistrar@yogananda-srf.org, or call +1 (818) 549 5121 no later than May 10, 2023.
- If you have already attended a Kriya Yoga ceremony, you do not need to register for the initiation but will be asked to show your Kriyaban card in order to attend. If you need a replacement card please send an email to Membership Services Kriya Registrar through KriyaRegistrar@yogananda-srf.org, or call +1 (818) 549 5121 no later than May 10, 2023.
It is through your generosity that we are able to bring events like this to truth-seeking souls around the world, and we deeply appreciate any contribution you are able to make — through your meditation group or during the monastics’ visit — to help us continue our efforts to spread Paramahansa Yogananda’s teachings.
We joyously anticipate meeting with you to share the inspiration of our Guru’s soul-revealing Kriya Yoga teachings. He told us: “Those who sincerely seek Him will surely find Him. Those who want to love the Lord and yearn to enter His kingdom, and who sincerely wish in their hearts to know Him, will find Him. You must have an ever-increasing desire for Him, day and night. He will acknowledge your love by fulfilling His promise to you throughout eternity, and you shall know joy and happiness unending.”
Schedule: Aschaffenburg 2023
Thursday, June 8
- 18:00 – 19:30 ― Showing of the documentary film “Awake: The Life of Yogananda”
- 20:00 – 21:00 ― Public Lecture with Guided Meditation
- 21:00 – 22:00 ― Informal Reception
Friday, June 9
- 9:00 – 12:00 ― Energization Exercises with Guided Meditation and Kirtan
- 14:00 – 15:00 ― Energization Exercises Review Class*
- 16:00 – 17:30 ― Hong-Sau & Aum Technique Review Class with Guided Meditation*
- 19:30 – 21:00 ― Inspirational Service with Meditation
Saturday, June 10
- 8:00 – 9:30 ― Energization Exercises with Guided Meditation
- 9:45 – 10:45 ― Satsanga
- 15:00 – 18:00 ― Kriya Yoga Initiation (only in German)**
- 16:00 – 17:00 ― Class for newcomers
- 20:00 – 21:30 ― Inspirational Film followed by Meditation
Sunday, June 11
- 8:30 – 10:30 ― Kriya Yoga Review Class (only in German)**
- 9:30 – 10:30 ― Meditation
- 11:00 – 12:00 ― Inspirational Service
- 14:00 – 15:00 ― Closing Program with Video Showing
* Open to students of the Self-Realization Fellowship Lessons
** Open to Kriyabans only
Location & Contact Information
Events to be held at:
Stadthalle am Schloss
For further information:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +49 7228 8489687 or +49 711 8567700
This weekend event is chiefly planned for adults. However, children who are at least 12 years old and members of Self-Realization Fellowship may participate, if they wish. During this event it is not possible for us to take care of children who are under 12 years of age, but we do have a parent-child-facility where you can supervise your child.
We ask that no audio or video recordings (cell phone cameras included) be made during the events, and that still photography be limited to outdoor areas. Thank you for your cooperation.