- Perform tasks and responsibilities associated with the maintenance, repair and upkeep of the gardens, trees and grounds at Mt. Washington and other locations.
- Perform specific tasks related to pruning of large trees and hedges under 12 feet.
- Work both independently, and under general supervision.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in garden maintenance and new installations.
- Preferably able to work with large equipment such as a lift truck, 24” chain saw and ½ HP drill
- Help to train, orient and review the work of others.
- Manage projects and assign tasks to others as required.
- Works in a team with other individuals who may be performing work at the location for the department.
- Follow instructions relating to all phases of work, and implement as necessary.
- Responsible for the pruning and the care of small to large trees and hedges.
- Assist in care of legacy and other significant trees.
- Implement annual fertilization plan.
- Overall working knowledge of the department, so that concerns may be identified easily and reported to the appropriate person for resolution.
- Responsible to follow SRF’s policies and established processes.
- Operate large power tools such as a lift truck, 24” chain saw and ½ hp drill and specialized equipment for both garden and arborist responsibilities as directed.
- Other position-related tasks, as assigned.
- Ability to remain on task until projects are completed.
- Ability to work in cooperation with other employees as group projects require.
- Ability to function efficiently and independently when required.
- Ability to operate a tractor, sweeper, and other equipment as needed.
- Ability to prune small and medium sized shrubs.
- Experience with plant materials, and the ability to identify concerns as they arise.
- Experience in horticulture and gardening.
- Preferably has experience and knowledge of pruning and the care of large trees.
- Preferably has experience operating large power tools such as a lift truck, 24” chain saw and ½ hp drill and specialized equipment associated with work as an experienced Gardener.
- Preferably has experience installing and repairing irrigation systems.
This is a 40 hour per week position, Monday through Friday.
Local candidates only please. No reimbursement for relocation costs offered for this position.
We offer a competitive benefits package that features a variety of insurance coverage choices including group medical, dental, life insurance, a retirement plan and much more. We also provide paid sick, vacation and holiday time.
Salary Range: $19.00-$20.52 per hour
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.